Sunday 9 June 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration - Dad I borrowed the car!!!!

Hi all, late again lol, over at Paperartsy this week the designer is Sue Carrington and wow you really need to look at what she has been doing this week, her projects are amazing.  Her first project was a sewing box in which she used metal.  So I took the metal as my inspiration except I then went on a tangent and came up with a canvas that yesterday I really thought it would be bin fodder lol.  But it all came together in the end and I really enjoyed the challenge.  I was also inspired by Sue a few weeks back when she used a wall mask and I managed to get a brick mask last week and wanted to try that.  Sue also does brilliant bumping technique when you use a mask, then go back and bump the mask slightly off and re paint over so I also was inspired to do that :-), also I made bricks separately by using grunge paste on a heat craft sheet, it was really sturdy and I'm so impressed that the grunge paste I can now use for embellishments :-)

I used stamp set HP1218 and I did all
the colouring with Porfolio oil pastels, I have been
practising and feel like I managed to get some shading lol.
The background was made up of Fresco paints - 
stone, london night, pumpkin soup,  smoked paprika and
brown shed. I used treasure gold rose quartz which is gorgeous.
The letters where stamped with Words 4.

Closer look



Right I better be off and enter, I really enjoyed doing this, hope you have a fantastic Sunday, I shall be back later as I have another canvas for you :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxx

6 comments:

Lin said...

Love this Kezzy....great fun lol!!

Julie Lee said...

Wow! fancy that. You have used Grunge Paste in an amazing way! The whole canvas is really inventive and witty and the textures are just great! In the end, it looks like you really had fun doing this. Can't wait to see the next one you have in store! xx Julie Ann

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic make, Kezzy - the "smashed up" car looks so cool, especially emerging from that fab gridwork - brilliant!
Alison x

rachel said...

this is just amazing Kezzy - a real work of art - love the wire too - fabulous!!! Big Hugs rachel x

Craftyfield said...

So very clever and creative, the car coming out of the grid... inspired ! Great fun too

Heidi said...

This is awesome, so inventive and just brilliantly executed x