Friday 27 July 2012

Less is More - Sewing

Hi all, again I have to be quick as I am hoping to just make the Less is More Challenge Blog and the challenge which is about to end in 20 minutes is Sewing.  I had some time to play this evening so I decided to have a go at stamping on calico and colouring with promarkers, now this can be tricky as you need a permanent inkpad but something that won't bleed with promarkers.  After testing my inkpads the one that worked well was Versacraft which can be used on fabric, I stamped some flowers on the top and bottom by masking then in the middle some bubbles, I coloured with promarkers, then sewn the heart, stuffed, did some sewing accross to give a quilted feeling (happy accident!!!), then some bits of fabric, lace and ribbon.


It's not the best picture as it's dark, but the closer one is a bit better.


Right better go and enter, 15mins to go lol.  Thanks for visiting :-) Kerry xxx

Recipe
Stamps - Paperartsy (hot picks HP1109, squiggly minis 15)
Ink pad - Versacraft black
Promarkers - Cerise and Magenta
Paperartsy Die - tall heart
Ribbon, sewing machine, sewing, calico, pink and cream thread, lace.

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful Kerry, I love those fabric textures!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous piece of work... the coloured fabric images you've created are wonderful, and the layout really lets them shine!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Wow, Kezzy this looks fab lol...pretty too and clever...thanks for dropping bye my blog...x